* For 60° connections, welding required
Note: Design shown made to fit PS31 and PS27.5 (similar connectors available for other Flat Sheet Pile types, please inquire)
- steel grade
ASTM Grade 50/60,
ASTM A690 MARINER® steel
Can be produced in 6 to 10 weeks.
General weld guidelines for connectors
- All seams have a = 6 mm (~.236”).
- Both sides have a tip and toe welding continuously of 500 mm (~20.0”).
- Both sides are flex welded in the free length between tip and toe welding with 200 mm/m (~8”/3.28’). The distance from seam to seam is 800 mm (~31.5”) or less.
- In salt water, if a permanent installation, the water side is continuously welded on the whole pile length. Rear side is as above in step #3.
Note: the above is for references purposes only and the welding design must be checked against other considerations such as anchor forces, shear forces and otherwise difficult driving conditions.
- Please review the proper interlocking examples that are listed.
- Thread the connector into the interlock while the sheet pile is out of the ground.
- Adjust the connector to the appropriate position.
- Tack or spot-weld the connector in place. Typically, a ~250mm (~10") weld attaching the connector to the sheet pile to the top is sufficient.
- Drive/extract the sheet pile (with the connector attached) as you would normally.