* Uncoupled WOM/WOF are used to create combi-wall systems using PZ or PZC.
*WOM/WOF are coupled together to create O-Pile systems.
PZ 22, PZ 27, PZ 35, PZ 40, PZC 13, PZC 14, PZC 18, PZC 19, PZC 25, PZC 26, PZC 28
- steel grade
ASTM Grade 50/60,
ASTM A690 MARINER® steel
~ 4.4 lb/ft
~ 6.5 kg/m
~ 5.6 lb/ft
~ 8.3 kg/m
Combined WOM/WOF Weight:
~ 10.0 lb/ft
~ 14.8 kg/m
Combined Connector Width:
62 mm; 2.44"
O-Pile Interlock Strength:
19.5 kips/inch (3418 kN/m)
General weld guidelines for connectors
- All seams have a = 6 mm (~.236”).
- Both sides have a tip and toe welding continuously of 500 mm (~20.0”).
- Both sides are flex welded in the free length between tip and toe welding with 200 mm/m (~8”/3.28’). The distance from seam to seam is 800 mm (~31.5”) or less.
- In salt water, if a permanent installation, the water side is continuously welded on the whole pile length. Rear side is as above in step #3.
Note: the above is for references purposes only and the welding design must be checked against other considerations such as anchor forces, shear forces and otherwise difficult driving conditions.
- The pipes are delivered with the connectors already attached.
- First, install the king piles (pipes) as you would in any combined sheet pile wall application.
- Grasp the sheet piling and thread between the already installed pipe piles.
- Increase flexibility in the middle interlocks of the sheet piles, combined with the swing of the connectors, to enable easier threading of the intermediate sheet piling.
- All welding seams are a minimum ~6mm (~0.25").
- Both sides have a continuous minimum tip and toe welding of ~500mm (~20").
- Both sides are tack welded in the free length between tip and toe welding with 200mm/m (8"/yd). The distance from seam to seam is ~800mm (~31.5") or less.
- In salt water, the water side is continuously welded on the whole pile length. Follow the instructions above for the reverse side of the pile, if it is not in contact with salt water.